Bryan Erikson, Head Coach, General Manager
Bryan Erikson, Head Coach and General Manager of the Northeast Generals has over 18 years of Coaching experience. Coach Erikson started by working closely with his father at Hockey Plus!, one of the most successful and long running (42 years and counting) hockey camps on the South Shore. He has been the Head Coach at the camp for the last 15 years, overseeing and training all of the staff. Through Hockey Plus! Coach Erikson has coached over 2,200 youth hockey players on the South Shore of Massachusetts. Coach Erikson believes that by challenging players you can get the most out of them. Coach Erikson’s active responsibilities include:
· Head Coach – Wareham High School Varsity Hockey
· Head Coach – Hockey Night in Boston
· Head Coach – Bay State Games
· Head Coach – Boston Junior Terriers U18 Tier 1
· Head Coach – Boston Junior Terriers Bantam Minor
· Head Coach – Boston Junior Terriers Squirt Minor
· President – Coastal Stars Youth Hockey
· President – Yankee Conference Hockey League, which oversees 100 teams in
· President/Head Coach – South Shore Selects. The Selects are a U19 tournament
team that plays in elite tournaments throughout New England.
· President – Mass Elite Hockey, 18 team Spring/Summer Hockey league for the
Elite Hockey Player (Pee Wee – U18)
· Teacher – Math teacher for the past 10 years both in public school and with the
Department of Youth Services
Rich O’Dowd, Director of Operations
Richard O’Dowd, Director of Operations for the Northeast Generals has many years of leadership experience in Hockey Administration and is a seasoned IT Professional at a Fortune 200 Company. Rich has been Vice President and Level Director of the Yankee Conference and Presidents Hockey Leagues. Rich has extensive experience in Hockey League Logistics such as League Marketing, Website Administration, Scheduling, Fund Raising and player recruitment, placement, and retention. Rich’s Resume includes:
· League Founder and Director – The Hockey Desk Summer High School League
· Vice President / Director – Yankee Conference
· Co-League Director – Presidents Hockey League
· Level Director, Conference Rep, ACE Director, Fund Raising Director – Hanover
· Assistant Coach – Boston Jr Terriers
· Head Coach – Various Hanover Youth Hockey teams
· Business Process Architect / Practitioner – TJX Companies
· Lean 6 Sigma and ITIL Certified
· Sports Management Software and Website Expert
Robert Penfield, Managing Director
Bob Penfield is the Managing Director of the Northeast Generals and one of the 3 Co-Owners. Bob will help oversee the Northeast Generals LLC and it’s finanical details.
Mike Tenney, Associate Head Coach / Assistant General Manager
The Northeast Generals are excited to have Mike Tenney join the organization as Associate Head Coach and Assistant General Manager of the Generals NAHL team. Mike is a native of Langhorne, Pa and has been in coaching for 13 years, the last 8 of which have been in Junior Hockey. A graduate of Millersville University in 2008, coach Tenney has a Bachelor Degree in Broadcasting with a minor in Athletic Coaching. Over the course of his Junior coaching career he has seen many of his players advance to Professional and NCAA hockey.
- Head Coach Maine Wild 2013-2016
- 2013-2014 Coach of the Year
- Head Coach Islanders Hockey Club Empire 2012-2013
- Head Coach Walpole Express MJHL 2009-2012
- Assistant Coach/ Assistant General Manager Central Penn Panthers MJHL 2008-2009
Dan Needham, Assistant Coach / Head Coach NA3HL & U18 Tier 1 Generals
Dan has been a great asset to the Northeast Generals both on and off the ice. He has a long history with the game of hockey and the Generals are happy to have him on the bench as the Co-Head Coach of the NA3HL Junior team and as the Head Coach of the U18 Tier 1 team starting in the fall of 2016. Dan’s resume includes the following:
* MEHL Massachusetts Elite Hockey U-18 Coach
* Weymouth Wildcat U-16 State Tournament Team
* Weymouth Varsity Girls Assistant Hockey Coach
* North East Generals U-20 NA3EHL- Assistant Coach
Ted Lopes, Strength and Conditioning Coach
Ted is the owner of MX3 Protocol (http://mx3pro.com/). Ted has extensive experience in training athletes of all ages in order for them to maximze their full potential. Each player will meet with Ted several times a week to work out, stretch and assess their fitness progress.
Jason O’Dowd, Equipment Director
Jason O’Dowd enters his 2nd season as the Equipment Director for the Northeast Generals. “Fishie” as he is called does a great job ordering, organizing and maintaining all equipment inventory. The Generals would be lost without his guidance.
Neil Liston, Director of International Scouting
Neil has been involved in the sport of hockey his entire life as a player, coach, general manager and scout. Several years ago Neil started HG Sports, a hockey operations company that focuses on the development of players both and off of the ice. He has a vast network of contacts around the world that he uses to help place players with the proper teams. His yearly European showcase teams have helped create a large number of player placements. Neil has placed players in the QMJHL, NCAA, NAHL and many professional hockey teams all over Europe. Neil currently is the owner of the East Coast Minutemen of the NA3HL.
Cory Hunt, Director of Midwest Scouting
Cory Hunt is in his first year as Director of Midwest Scouting with the Northeast Generals. The Cottage Grove, Minnesota native will be responsible for scouting prospective players in the Midwest region for the Generals. He has spent parts of the last three seasons scouting for the Michigan Warriors and the Springfield Jr. Blues in the NAHL. He is currently also a scout for the Twin City Steel in the NA3HL.